Monday, September 15, 2008

and a few things

I don't know about other bloggers, but some days I find myself wanting to write about everything under the sun. How hot and muggy the weather was yesterday, how tough it is getting three children to church on time by myself, how I love napping on Sunday afternoons, the waste-of-life movie I stayed up till 2am watching the other night, etc. So I suppose it's time for another bullet point blog highlighting stuff I want to blog more about but don't have the time. Enjoy.

Things I enjoyed this summer:
- Camping in Hopeville! (ok, I did blog about that one)
- Sitting by my moms rock garden with the spitting frog fountain
- Walks in Central Park, and the Concerts on Sunday nights
- Swimming with Jada in the pool
- Warm mornings

Latest books:
- "I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"
- "Mudhouse Sabbath" by Laura Winner
- "Dangerous Wonder" by Michael Yaconelli (reading in small group)

Current indulgence:
- McD's Sweet Ice Tea and Warm Chocolate Chip Cookies ($1 each!!)

On Budgeting:
- Envelopes aren't that bad
- Dollar menus are awesome
- You really don't need to spend as much as you do, really
- Craigslist is the budgeters heaven

On family:
- Twins are hilarious. Where else can you get constent entertainment for free? I mean, two kids don't fit on one high chair, or do they?
- I love little girls. Dresses, pink, braids, bows - you name it I love it.
- Husbands should make you laugh. Like last night when Jeremy got up out of bed to demonstrate the wrestling moves he pulled on some kids when he got in fights in elementary school. He had me laughing so hard I cried. My husband fighting? It's not what it sounds like, it's way funnier.
- Grandparents are amazing. They all seemed to turn 75 this year and I am so thankful to have them around to celebrate life with. Endless wells of knowledge and wisdom.

On blogging, my new favs:
- Ragamuffin Soul
- Stuff Christians Like

On the unknowns:
- I'm getting pretty use to not knowing what tommorrow holds, and am getting comfortable with it. It stretches your faith, and can be really exciting if you don't let it stress you out.

Welp, there it is. Everything I've wanted to blog but haven't. Except for pictures. I'll put some more up soon.

Blessings,
C

6 comments:

Sonicth3Great said...

Sweet. Now I shall add some thoughts:

On Summer:
- I hate warm mornings. I LOVE cool mornings. Yippy for the Fall.

Latest Books:
- "Ordering Your Private World", Gordon MacDonald
- "IBACAAIGWTLT-S" (see above)
- "Dangerous Wonder", Mike Yaconelli
- "Sex/God", Rob Bell (currently reading...slowly)
- "Choosing to Cheat", Andy Stanley
- I think that's it...

Other thoughts:
- Blank stare

On fighting:
- It was Middle and High School, and not elementary school. And those fools got owned.

On blogging:
- I've gone the route of posting shorter posts more often. Not sure if it's been appreciated.

Okay peace.

Jeremy

Rachael said...

crap, thanks for the reminder that i need to order my book for thursday night!!! argh

otherwise, love the bullet points and i may be asking for more envelope tips soon!!!!

think jer will give us another demonstration of his fighting? i need a good laugh!! (or 2)

Rachael said...

okay ... i'm now a "blogger"

http://sunraeny.blogspot.com/

cd said...

I wanted to see a picture of Jer's moves!

Christi said...

well, I can tell you that his demonstrations consisted of one very high straight leg ninja kick (which I'm sure looked more intimidating when he was more flexible), and also some move where he was against a wall and when some kid charged at him he did a little side step, leaving the unsuspecting aggressor face-planting into the wall.

It's really funny to see these re-enacted at night and in the dark. Add Jeremy's narration of the events and I'm lucky I didn't pee my pants laughing.

One day we will plan a demonstration ;-)

Susan said...

Hey - if you need to embellish the hilarity, I have a fog machine and a strobe light that I could donate to the cause.