Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mae's log - Happy, Happy, Rain or Shine!

It's been a rainy few days here in the Capital District. On one hand I'm extremely happy because I just planted some flowers in the garden and hadn't gotten around to watering them - yay mother nature! On the other hand, I love letting the kids run outside so it's been a long few days keeping them entertained indoors. We did a pretty good job improvising but I admit that when Jeremy came home from work today I tagged out and spent a nice, quiet 1/2 hr in our room, sans kids, with peace...and quiet. It was heaven :). Just what I needed before the dinner, bedtime routine. Now my house is picked up, clean, and ready for another day. Here's Mae to recount the past 2 days!

MAEVENS LOG: DAY 4+5 (Mon. and Today)

After really missing my mommy on Saturday night I was hoping for a good sleep on Sunday night - and for the most part I did great. Around 5am I woke up in complete darkness, and after wriggling around, I realized I was stuck under Jada's bed! I called out and Auntie Christi came rushing in looking all over for me. Finally she found me and after I told her I was stuck, she sorta giggled, gave me a big hug, and tucked me back into my bed. I guess it was a little funny come to think of it :) On Monday we played inside all day because it was really dark and rainy out. We did tons of stuff. We had a tea party in Jada's room, we colored, we played dress up, ran in circles round the house, built with blocks, and then more running around in circles. It wasn't all fun and games though. I've learned by now that the motto in a house full of toddlers is "survival of the fittest". Having spent the last few days getting my toys snatched from me, I've decided to snatch them back. I still give lots of hugs and kisses, but don't try to steal the pink car I'm playing with or you'll be sorry! Here's some pictures from yesterday:

Having a tea party with my backpack! We all sang Dora's backpack song running around after we put them on.
Jada and I put on pretty dresses and headbands. Here I am cleaning the windows with a toothbrush because they looked dirty.
I found this great construction hat and we all ran around in circles chasing each other and giggling.
Yep, still raining out!
Notice something out of place? I made the basket of dish rags into a bed for my baby doll and Auntie Christi found it later. She's all tucked in and ready for bed.

Last night I slept ALL NIGHT LONG! Auntie Christi woke up at 6:40am nervous because she hadn't heard a peep all night. I got up a little while later and looked outside and realized it was another rainy day. Michael starting singing a song about rain boots and that gave us all the idea to play in the rain. Besides, my mommy packed my puddle boots, so I had to wear them. By the time we got all ready to go outside it had stopped raining, but we still got to run around in the mud, pick flowers and look for worms. I ran straight to the flowering bushes to pick the pretty red blossoms and wasted no time getting my hands dirty. We also picked some lilacs, and little yellow and white flowers we found. We dug for worms, and found one! After cleaning up, we went inside, had lunch, and then set up a big play tent in Jada's room to have a tea party in. We also played with puzzles and watched Toy Story, which I took a nap during. Ah, what a fun few days we've had. I talked with my mommy, poppa AND Keller tonight after bathtime. I love hearing from them every night before bed, it helps me fall asleep. Did I tell you my favorite song to sing at bedtime is Mary had a little lamb and baa baa black sheep? I know all the verses and had to teach Auntie Christi because she didn't know them all. I mean, who doesn't know that the lamb made the children laugh and play? Oh well, now she knows :) These are from today!

This was outside today, I learned this is a flower from the bleeding heart bush.
Digging for worms!
I pulled up a handful and yelled "worms"! Turns out it was just some squishy roots.
When Auntie Christi wasn't looking I ate some dirt. It tasted "not good".

Playing with puzzles. Everyone wanted the firetruck puzzle.
"Watching" Toy Story. I guess I was tired :0)


XOXO

MAE MAE

1 comment:

Michelle Smallin said...

So precious! I love all the pics C!