Friday, November 30, 2007

fruits

I rarely blog twice, but was so humbled by this email I received today that I had to post.

Hey, I don't know if you remember me, but I went to Old Cutler Presbyterian back when I was in high school (like 5 years ago), and attended the youth group when you and Jeremy were working with it.

Anyways, I wasn't a Christian back then (far from it actually), but am now. It's interesting, but the one thing I really remember back from those days was you leading a girls Bible study and sharing a little bit about your testimony. I remember in your tearful talk you telling us girls to wait until marriage to have sex. It's funny, but I believe that one talk kept me from losing my virginity in college before I became a Christian.

So, I wanted to say thank you. You may not remember me, or may not have known it, but you touched my life and I am thankful for that. Now I am an adult leader for the high school youth group at my church, and am hoping to make a difference in their lives, as you have made a difference in mine.
It's amazing how God can use us in ways we would never imagined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. that transcends words. i'm having a proud mommy moment.

lost in thought said...

that made me cry...

Faith said...

WOW! Isn't God Good?? I love these kinds of stories! We sure never know whom we touch....what seeds might be planted....I sure do hope and pray Courtney keeps things in her heart and mind as she continues to grow and learn from you, Jeremy and the rest of the leaders!