Monday, October 01, 2007

christian radio


Ahhhh, Christian radio. Who was the brilliant mastermind behind this 24/7 burst of incessant joy and happiness? It astonishes me how chipper Christian radio DJ's seem to be, always waking up on the right side of the bed, and greeting their listeners with an eerily cheery "Hi-diddly-ho, neighbouroo" (compliments of Ned Flanders). But as much as I have mocked Christian radio DJ's (and Christian radio in general) I found myself saddened recently as I received news that the Christian radio station I listened to in Miami has been sold and will no longer be on the air.

Most days 89.7 Spirit FM seemed to be the only light in the otherwise dismal and spiritless city that is Miami, FL. Cheesy DJ's and all, it was all I really listened to. Not that my options were bountiful, after all, virtually every other station in Miami consisted of some variety of the latest revamped and remixed club songs. Nonetheless, Spirit FM got me through three years in Miami, giving me my "daily dose of the Word" and introducing me to the personalities of James McDonald, John MacArthur, Tony Evans and Bob Coy. Sad that it is no longer :-(

Check out what's left of their website here: www.wmcuradio.com

In the meantime, I have found an online station that gets through my web filter at work to listen to. I'll try to remember to post the link when I go back to work. Which I wish was never, but will probably be tomorrow.

C

No comments: