Friday, September 21, 2007

identity box


Years after starting this blog (I think I reserved it back when we lived in Miami) I am actually making an effort to blog regularly. This has inspired me to look up my old blogs from Myspace(sigh)Iand re-post them here periodically. This ones from August 20th, 2005.

I enjoy Myspace. I find it to be a great way to connect to old friends and new friends, keep in touch, vent out some thoughts, and carve out my own little corner of the giant internet cyberspace. Lately however I have run into one major problem that I like to call: the myspace identity box.

In mapping out this tiny little page I have struggled to incorporate all of who I am into one miniscule page that is supposed to define me for all of the internet world to see. No matter how much more I add to my site however I feel that every word or picture backs me further into a corner. My vast wonderous God inspired identity has been packed and shaped into a tiny little box. The image that comes to mind is from the movie Aladdin where the Genie talks about his powers of the universe being confined to an "itty bitty living space" inside the lamp.

I am tempted to erase my entire page just so that my identity will not be confined to a box, but seriously, that would just be boring. So I'll leave it up, but just for the record, I will try to sum up in an honest and candid manner, at my very core, who I am.

I am child of God saved by grace. This means two things to me. First, that I've found that on my own I am hopeless to find any real meaning in life, proven after a long search in my teen years that left me mostly bruised and scarred. Second, that my only redemption and identity is found in God through his son Jesus. Seriously, who is perfect? I'm an idiot most of the time and even on my best days I am a messy reflection of who I wish I was. Everything I try to do on my own I screw up beyond comprehension, so I've given up trying on my own and have embraced my Creator as my life mentor.

So that's me. A messy reflection of Christ. Try to put that in a box.

Good to remind myself where my priorities are.

C

No comments: