Monday, February 04, 2008

facelift of the interior kind

What a weekend. Our living room got a serious facelift. What started as an innocent trip to Lowe's turned into our very own edition of extreme home makeover.

I'll spare the major details, but the short of it is that I stole the colors from my mothers house, learned the glory of painting a fireplace, the rigor of painting ceiling beams, and realized that Huck Finns is awesome. Oh yeah, and I owe everything to my husband who actually did all the work ;-).

Here's the product:





I really wish we had a good before picture, but the walls were a funky grayish color, all the trim and ceiling beams were dark stained wood, and the fireplace was ugly brick. Here's a photo of one of our former foster children using Bandit as a horse, that gives you an idea though.



And just for fun, here's the scene I walked into one morning after I thought Joey was playing peacefully in the room. Or not.
P.S. Daiper Rash Cream does not come out of carpets.


Off to Connecticut next weekend! Will post pictures when we return :-)

2 comments:

Rachael said...

c - it looks AWESOME! can't wait to see it in person - you guys are amazing!!!

lost in thought said...

wow! i agree that it looks awesome! I think you might of inspired me. Can't wait to see it in person :)