Thursday, July 16, 2009

STAYING HOME!

I've resigned from my awesome job as a case manager to stay at home with the kids and I couldn't be more excited.  I've really enjoyed working with at-risk youth, especially girls, but my mommy guilt is overwhelming as I come home and wonder what little milestone I missed with the kids that day.  Not to mention that Jer and I are planting a church in our area, and this will help bring a much needed stability to our home life to more effectively minister to others and build up this new community of believers.      
 
This hasn't been any easy decision and we've done some tricky budgeting to make it happen, but there are many little luxuries that I will gladly sacrifice to be able to spend more time with my family.  I won't rule out working part time at some point, but right now I feel the call of the wide open road, with limitless possibilities, and the freedom from the constraints of being a working mom. 
 
Maybe now I will actually blog more?
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

SO excited for you! Congrats :)

lost in thought said...

im so excited for you! we should a stay at home club even for the non-mommies. yup.