Tuesday, January 13, 2009

life sucks jesus saves

There is this little old white nightstand that used to sit by my bed when I was younger. It had this neat V-shaped shelve in the middle of it that held my current favorite books, probably something by Beverly Cleary or else those Twin Valley High books that were so awesome back then.

During one of my pre-teen fits of self-despair, and probably after a boy I hardly knew dumped me for some other girl, I remember scribbling something on this little dresser with my nail polish. I remember it because it stayed there for years, and maybe even to this day if I knew where it ended up. It said "Life Sucks".

That's not the first time I felt this way, and not the last. I think I've learned to phrase it better, or sugar coat it with thought provoking words of wisdom and insight, but the truth of it still stings. No matter what we do, no matter how we phrase it, sometimes things will just be bad. Life will suck the energy out of you and you will feel like you are stranded in the sweltering waves of a hot desert, your mouth crack and dry, your body aching and fatigued, weary and yearning for relief.

But there is hope.

Jeremy and I are starting a new journey this year, one that may or may not bear fruit, but we are trusting in God and praying that He's with us no matter the outcome.

We'd love for you to join us on this journey.
www. lifesucksjesussaves.com

1 comment:

lost in thought said...

i love that title...it sounds great when you are mad too...like you almost want to yell it "LIFE SUCKS JESUS SAVES!" hah!